St Christopher’s Church
50 Trenant Road,
St Christopher’s Church in Leicester is a small Anglican church located in the Tudor Grange Samworth Academy on Trenant Road, just south of the Pork Pie Roundabout end of Saffron Lane.
We have an adult congregation of about 35, but a strong vision for evangelism and church growth.
We are committed to serving and praying for our local community as best we can, with our resources and God’s strength.
Much of what we do is geared towards serving the Academy – children, parents and staff – but we are the local church whose parish includes the Saffron Lane Estate as well.
To find out more about who we are and what we do, use the people or contacts tabs at the top of the page.
St Christopher’s is a Parish Church and a member of the “Southern Edge” Mission Partnership in the Leicester City Deanery.
Our Mission Statement
We, the people of St Christopher’s, believe that Jesus Christ has called us to share our faith by serving our community in word and deed.
To fulfill our mission we will need:
• to be effective Christians who are open, welcoming, caring, and committed to working and praying together as members of the Body of Christ;
• to identify, affirm and bring to fruition the gifts of each member to encourage all in service and witness.
This service should spring from corporate worship and growth in our personal relationships with God.
On moving to the Academy, our response to that statement is (our Mission Action Plan) that we believe God wants us to reach out with his love to:
• Their parents, carers, families
• Staff of Academy
• Elderly and isolated
by being a community
– who are reliable and don’t give up on people
by offering a welcome and a sense of belonging
– where people are loved and respected
by offering peace and sanctuary
– through ourselves and through sharing our building
by being distinctively Christian
– and sharing our hope for the future in Jesus
There is level access to the Academy and the church.
The church has a toilet with disabled access.
The church is fitted with a loop hearing aid system.
St Christopher’s Church in Leicester – where God’s love is shared for all.